Sunday, September 5, 2010

a little experiment


Making a quilt for my favorite little girl out of these cute fabrics and couldn't decide what color to do the sashing with ... pink or white. All my quilting friends keep telling me how important white is in quilting but I couldn't hear them (really didn't want to listen cause I'm not much of a white fabric fan). So, I decided to do a little experiment and I've been humbled. They were right. White does make a difference.


I know it probably doesn't show much here but in person you can really see the difference ... so, Annie, Kathie and Carol ... I bow to your experience and will listen (or at least try to) ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On another note ... this quilt is for one of my favorite little boys ... it's all about transportation ... cars, trucks, trains, motorcycles and ROCKETS! Just love how it turned out and hope he will too.


wanted to show the back, but my experience in blogging is lacking and I'll have to post it another time ... maybe when it's all done! it's ready to be put together and quilted up.

Hope everyone is well and enjoying their day!

3 comments:

  1. I like it! The white was needed to break up and to add to. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elsa I enjoyed going through the entire blog site. You are a very talented gal and I am so glad I have gotten to know you and have you as a friend.
    May your journeys in life,love and crafting be venturesome and fabulous.
    Love ya girl.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two very pretty quilts. Please show us the pink one when you have the top finished. The white really looks sharp with the pinks.

    ReplyDelete